Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let me see your jelly roll...

I have this little addiction to all things fabric- any one that has seen my crafting area can testify to that!  I especially have a weakness for a little thing called a jelly roll... jelly roll you ask?  It is a roll of fabric consisting of 40 different 2 1/2 inch fabric strips all cute and bundled together with a cute little tag... oh, I just get all warm and fuzzy thinking about it!  Look how cute one is....
I love the name of this one, Dilly Dally.  The Man often tells me to quit dilly dallying ;-).  You can find all kinds of little jelly rolls at the Fat Quarter Shop, my favorite place for fabric! 

So I have all these cute little wonderful jelly rolls lying around and needed to do something with them so I came up with some fabric rosettes.  I just love them and they are so easy to make.  Just a little ruffling, rolling, few stitches and hot glue and voila- a cute little flower! 
I think I may be going a little flower crazy now as I have tons of fabric strips...I just love stripping ;-)  The flower above and a couple others are being auctioned off for a benefit for the Staats family who lost their 4 month daughter this past week.  Their story really touched me and I felt like I needed to do something so that is where these little flowers came in.  The Staats' story can be found here if you want read about it. 
The auction will be held on facebook at Polka Dot Junkie by Megan Green.  It starts tomorrow and goes until March 3rd.  It is for a great cause so please go check it out and look at all the adorable items people have donated. 


The above rosette is attached to a coordinating fabric covered hard headband.  My girls love them and now are picking out strips that they want flowers out of.  Next up will be a ruffled diaper cover using......can you guess...yes, jelly roll strips! 

Everyone have a great evening...I'll be stripping :-O



No comments:

Post a Comment