Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What?

Am I really attempting to start a blog?  Me? The person who can't even remember or find the time to feed the animals, do the laundry, or wash the dishes?  Yep....I am.  Hold on to your britches...this may be a bumpy ride!

I love to craft or pretty much attempt to make anything.....at least once and my husband,"The Man", loves buying me all the goodies I need to complete my craft passion at that moment.  Not really, but he honestly never complains.  His motto is "Happy wife, happy life" and I'm all about that :-)  

I swear I suffer from Hobby ADD, otherwise, known as HADD... as in I "HADD" a project I didn't finish but I promise I will!    I always have a project going and most often more than one which drives The Man nuts but after almost ten years of marriage he has accepted my addiction to all things crafty.  

I will attempt to share with you all the things I am working or have worked on and links to great sites with great ideas.  Right now I rotate between sewing, embroidery and am attempting cookie decorating but just today I was contemplating digging out my soap making supplies.  Watch out- woman with lye coming up! 

I also enjoy gardening and reading. I am a prolific reader of pretty much anything from regency romance to autobiographies.  It may be steamy or it may be rigid and boring as all get out but I'll let you know what I think and you can take it or leave it.  The Man refers to each new plant I bring home as "victims" because eventually, usually sooner than later, they will die.  It's not that I can't keep plants alive, I just simply forget they need one little simple thing called water.  Did I mention I have a bachelor of science in Horticulture?  It's just been 10 years since I've used it. 

Oh and in the midst of all this I am the mom of two wonderful girls that drive me crazy- hence Two Crazy Girls Designs. I'm also a wife and currently taking nine hours of master's degree classes and suffer from an autoimmune disease that tends to slow me down a bit.  So in the midst of all this craziness- I dreamed this idea that it would be fun to share all this with you!  

Welcome to my blog and I hope you get some good ideas and share some with me!  Just don't tell The Man... ;-)


    

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this and wondering about the soap making project from years ago....miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too Allie... yes remember the soap everywhere on the counters everywhere curing! It took over the house- LOL!

    ReplyDelete